Cantalician Center Vocational and Day Services are funded through the Offi ce for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD). Vocational and Day Services provide individuals with the opportunity to acquire and maintain work and life skills that will assist them in becoming productive members of the community.
Our highly qualified team of professionals uses a person centered planning process to develop, implement and maintain each person's Individual Service Plan (ISP). Vocational and Day Services are available on a full-time or part-time basis or in combination with other services and/or programs.
Provides individuals with the opportunity to utilize and enhance their skills and abilities through a variety of activities designed to provide support in becoming a participating member of the community. Services and Training Include:
• Volunteer and Community Integration Opportunities
• Skill Building: Mobility Training, Socialization, Safety,Housekeeping, Personal Care, Money Management, Reaction Activation, Technology
• Specialized services are designed to maintain an individual's current level of skill and to experience life enrichment opportunities
Provides individuals with the opportunity to acquire work related skills and assist them in becoming an industrious member of the community. Supports and Training to improve work habits include:
• Attention to task
• Task completion
• Time management
• Interpersonal skills
• Problem solving
• Safety routines
• Ongoing assessments and opportunities are provided to develop skills for placement in a daily job in the community.
• Provides individuals with an Individualized Habilitation Plan that supports the individual's life goals
• Linkage, advocacy and referral to additional services and support
• Coordination between Day Program, Medicaid Service Coordination, home and additional services
Provides individuals with the opportunity to explore and enhance their social and recreational interest within the community. Services take place on evenings and weekends.